Alex is a member of two practice groups at Young Moore and Henderson: business law, and estate planning, estates, wills and trusts. On the business side, Alex’s practice encompasses a broad range of services including business structuring and formation, acquisition or sale of assets or ownership interests of a business entity, and advising business owners. Alex is able to draw on his experience with estate and wealth transfer planning to address the often complex needs of clients with family owned businesses.
In his work in estate planning, estates, wills and trusts, Alex structures estate plans to help clients realize their goals for disposition of assets. Alex is experienced in designing estate plans that address the reduction of estate and gift taxes.
Alex works with executors and fiduciaries in the administration of decedent’s estates, including providing services to fiduciaries such as preparing and filing all documents and accountings in connection with the administration of estates and guardianships. He has experience working with clients, including corporate fiduciaries, in probate and fiduciary disputes.
Alex also advises clients on a wide range of trust administration issues, including providing comprehensive services to individual and corporate trustees, such as modifying and terminating irrevocable trusts.
Education & Bar Admissions
- J.D., Samford University, Cumberland School of Law, 1998
- B.A., University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 1995
Awards & Achievements
- North Carolina State Bar Board Certified Specialist in Estate Planning and Probate Law
- Listed in North Carolina Super Lawyers™, 2011 and 2012 as a “Rising Star”
Professional and Civic Activity
- North Carolina Bar Association Business Law Section
- North Carolina Bar Association Estate Planning and Fiduciary Law Section
- Wake County Bar Association
- American Bar Association Business Law Section
- American Bar Association Real Property, Probate & Trust Section
- Town of Clayton Town Council, 2003-2009
- Former member Board of Adjustment and Recreation Advisory Board