Matt represents insurers, corporations, developers and individuals in all stages of litigation. His practice is varied and includes business disputes, construction disputes, insurance coverage, nursing home negligence claims, administrative law, premises liability, debt collection and automobile negligence. Matt represents his clients in the trial and appellate divisions of the state and federal courts throughout North Carolina.
Matt also has experience in business and commercial matters. This includes the organization of the business entity, control and management arrangements, the purchase and sale of businesses, and advising business owners in day-to-day legal matters.
Matt received his undergraduate degree in Business Management from North Carolina State University in 1998. After graduating, he worked as a title insurance underwriter for two years before attending law school. Matt joined Young Moore and Henderson in 2003 and was voted a shareholder in 2009.
Education & Bar Admissions
- J.D., Wake Forest University School of Law, 2003
- B.A., North Carolina State University, 1998
- North Carolina, 2003
- U.S. District Courts for North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit
Awards & Achievements
- Listed in North Carolina’s Super Lawyers®, 2012 and 2013 as a “Rising Star”
- Wake Forest Moot Court Board Member
- Wake Forest Sports Law Moot Court Team, 2002
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Estate and Gift Taxation
- Wake Forest University School of Law, Stanly Moot Court Competition Quarterfinalist, 2001
Professional & Civic Activity
- N.C. Association of Defense Attorneys
- Defense Research International
- Wake County Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Member, National Rifle Association
- Member, National Wild Turkey Federation
- Committee Member, Chatham County National Wild Turkey Federation
- North Carolina Farm Bureau Mutual Insuance Company, Inc. v. Gervis E. Sadler, 711 S.E.2d 114, 365 N.C. 178 (2011) (Insurance appraisal)
- Luther v. Seawell and N.C. Farm Bureau Mutual Ins. Co., 191 N.C. App. 139, 662 S.E.2d 1 (N.C. Ct. App, 6/17/2008)
Disclaimer: The above information may not necessarily reflect the attorney’s entire record, and the outcome of any particular future matter cannot be predicated on the attorney’s or law firm’s past results.