Matt represents insurers, long term care facilities, corporations, and individuals in all stages of litigation. His practice includes insurance coverage analysis and litigation, long term care negligence claims, business disputes, employment disputes, administrative law, construction disputes and premises liability. Matt represents his clients in the trial and appellate divisions of the state and federal courts throughout North Carolina.
Matt also has experience in business and commercial matters. This includes advising business owners in day-to-day legal matters, the organization of the business entity, control and management arrangements, and the purchase and sale of businesses.
Matt received his undergraduate degree in Business Management from North Carolina State University in 1998. After graduating, he worked as a title insurance underwriter for two years before attending law school. Matt joined Young Moore and Henderson in 2003 and was voted a shareholder in 2009.
Education & Bar Admissions
- J.D., Wake Forest University School of Law, 2003
- B.S., North Carolina State University, 1998
- North Carolina, 2003
- U.S. District Courts for North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit
Awards & Achievements
- Listed in North Carolina’s Super Lawyers®, 2012-2016 as a “Rising Star”
- Wake Forest Moot Court Board Member
- Wake Forest Sports Law Moot Court Team, 2002
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Estate and Gift Taxation
- Wake Forest University School of Law, Stanly Moot Court Competition Quarterfinalist, 2001
Professional & Civic Activity
- N.C. Association of Defense Attorneys
- Defense Research International
- Active Member of the North Carolina Healthcare Facility Association
- Active Member of the North Carolina Association, Long Term Care Facilities
- Wake County Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Member, National Wild Turkey Federation
News & Events
- Taylor v. Oak Forest Health and Rehabilitation, LLC, 302 F.R.D. 390, 89 Fed.R.Serv.3d 1416, M.D.N.C., September 09, 2014 (NO. 1:11-CV-471), affirmed — Fed.Appx. —-, 2015 WL 309590, C.A.4 (N.C.), January 26, 2015 (NO. 14-1992) (dismissal of ERISA claims)
- Barnett v. State Auto Property & Casualty Ins. Co., 2015 WL 276512, W.D.N.C., January 22, 2015 (NO. 2:14CV34) (dismissal of bad faith claims)
- North Carolina Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company, Inc. v. Gervis E. Sadler, 711 S.E.2d 114, 365 N.C. 178 (2011) (Insurance appraisal)
- Luther v. Seawell and N.C. Farm Bureau Mutual Ins. Co., 191 N.C. App. 139, 662 S.E.2d 1 (N.C. Ct. App, 6/17/2008)
Disclaimer: The above information may not necessarily reflect the attorney’s entire record, and the outcome of any particular future matter cannot be predicated on the attorney’s or law firm’s past results.