Since joining the firm in 2008, Michael’s practice has focused on the field of complex civil litigation, with an emphasis on the defense of trucking and transportation, product liability, and insurance defense cases. Michael is licensed to practice in the North Carolina State Courts and Federal District Courts for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts. He represents numerous national clients on a state-wide basis.
Michael graduated cum laude from Campbell University’s Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law in 2007, where he served as chief articles editor of the Campbell Law Review. He is an active member of the North Carolina Bar Association, North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys, Wake County Bar Association, and the Defense Research Institute.
Education & Bar Admissions
- J.D., cum laude, Campbell University School of Law, 2007
- B.S., magna cum laude, North Carolina State University
- North Carolina, 2007
- U.S. District Courts for North Carolina
Awards & Achievements
- Chief Articles Editor, Campbell Law Review
Professional & Civic Activity
- N.C. Association of Defense Attorneys
- Defense Research Institute
- Recently assisted in obtaining summary judgment in favor of tire manufacturer based on application of North Carolina statute of repose where plaintiff’s demand exceeded $53 million.
- Recently obtained directed verdict in favor of motor carrier involved in multi-vehicle accident based on lack of admissible evidence of negligence.
Disclaimer: The above information may not necessarily reflect the attorney’s entire record, and the outcome of any particular future matter cannot be predicated on the attorney’s or law firm’s past results.