Caitlin is an associate on the firm’s litigation team where she focuses her practice on complex business and employment litigation, product liability, and premises liability.
Caitlin joined the firm in 2019 after completing a judicial clerkship with Judge Phil Berger, Jr., of the North Carolina Court of Appeals. She is a presidential scholar and summa cum laude graduate of Elon University School of Law. During law school, Caitlin served as the Business Editor of the Elon Law Review, moot court competitor, civil procedure teaching assistant, intellectual property research assistant, Academic Dean’s Fellow, and Leadership Fellow. She also completed externships with Judge James L. Gale of the North Carolina Business Court, Judge Glen E. Conrad of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia, and Former Chief Justice Mark Martin of the Supreme Court of North Carolina.
Prior to law school, Caitlin graduated magna cum laude from Roanoke College with a degree in English and Secondary Education. After college, Caitlin continued to reside in Roanoke, Virginia, where she worked as a paralegal for a civil defense firm and as an assistant account executive for a marketing agency. She also served as President of AD2 Roanoke, a marketing and advertising organization for young professionals.
A Cape Cod native, Caitlin is a lover of Shakespeare, skiing, and her Dalmatian rescue. Outside of the office, Caitlin currently serves as the Editor of the N.C. Appellate Style Manual and Chair of the corresponding subcommittee for the North Carolina Bar Association’s Appellate Rules Committee; a Steering Committee Member of ALFA International’s Women’s Initiative; and a nominated member of ALFA International’s Future Leaders Forum. She also regularly spends her Saturdays drafting wills for first responders, members of the military, and their families as a Wills for Heroes volunteer.
Education & Bar Admissions
- J.D., Elon University School of Law, 2017 (summa cum laude)
- B.A., Roanoke College, 2013 (magna cum laude)
- North Carolina, 2018
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit
- North Carolina Lawyers Weekly, Rising Star Award (2019)
- North Carolina Bar Association’s Appellate Rules Committee, Editor of the N.C. Appellate Style Manual
- ALFA International Women’s Initiative Group, Steering Committee Member
- ALFA International’s Future Leaders Forum, Nominated Member and Liaison to ALFA’s Hospitality & Retail Practice Group
- Wills for Heroes, Volunteer