Jonathan practices with the firm’s complex litigation team at the trial and appellate levels, with a focus on business litigation, labor and employment, and insurance defense.
Jonathan joined the firm as an associate in 2015 after completing judicial clerkships with Judge Robert C. Hunter and Judge Lucy N. Inman at the North Carolina Court of Appeals. Jonathan graduated magna cum laude from Elon University School of Law, where he served as an editor for the Elon Law Review.
Jonathan is a native of Wilson, North Carolina. He earned an undergraduate degree with a double major in Political Science and Journalism from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Outside of his law practice, Jonathan enjoys music, cooking, and playing tennis.
Education & Bar Admissions
- J.D., with honors, Elon University School of Law, 2013
- B.A., University of North Carolina, 2010
- North Carolina, 2013
- U.S. District Courts for North Carolina
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Appellate Rules Committee (2016-present)
- Appellate Practice Section
- Young Lawyers Division Liaison (2016-present)
- Young Lawyers Division
- Wake County Bar Association
- YMCA Youth & Government Program, Volunteer Coach (2014-present)
Publications & Presentations
- “Employee Handbooks and Premises Issues,” ALFA International Webinar Series: Legal Hot Topics, September 14, 2018