Robert is a member of Young Moore’s litigation team. His practice focuses on insurance coverage analysis, coverage disputes, insurance bad faith litigation, and business litigation. Robert primarily represents and advises insurance carriers and small businesses on insurance and business litigation matters.
Before joining the firm in 2017, Robert practiced in the Oakland, California office of a nationwide litigation boutique. He has advised and represented insurance carriers in first- and third-party coverage disputes, multi-million dollar complex coverage litigation, bad faith litigation, business tort claims, and other commercial disputes. Robert has experience with various insurance products, including commercial general liability, commercial property, professional errors and omissions, marine, and life policies. Robert has also represented property owners, professionals, and small businesses fighting property liability, personal injury, fraud, and contract disputes in state and federal courts throughout California and around the country.
Robert is a native of Chapel Hill, North Carolina. He earned undergraduate degrees in Business Administration and Political Science from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 2010 and graduated cum laude from Duke University School of Law in 2013. Outside of the office, Robert enjoys traveling, film, craft beer, sports, and supporting the Tar Heels all across the country.
- Represented several carriers on coverage dispute over the historic $50 million cleanup of the San Diego Harbor
- Represented carrier in $3 million coverage dispute over asbestos exposure claim
- Represented accountant and insurance agent on alleged involvement in fraudulent investment scheme
Education & Bar Admissions
- J.D., Duke University School of Law, 2013
- B.S., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2010
- North Carolina, 2014
- U.S. District Courts for North Carolina
- California, 2014
- U.S. District Courts for California
- Fourth and Ninth Circuit Courts of Appeal