Sydney is an associate at Young Moore and focuses her practice on civil litigation, insurance law, and insurance regulatory matters. She also advises clients on business and corporate related matters, including entity selection and formation, shareholder agreements, employment agreements, corporate governance and other commercial contracts.
She earned her law degree with high honors from the University of North Carolina School of Law where she served as Senior Staff Editor of the North Carolina Journal of International Law and as a member of the Holderness Moot Court Negotiations Team and UNC Innocence Project. While attending law school, she served as a summer intern at the Wake County Attorney’s Office and as a legal extern for The Honorable David S. Cayer, United States Magistrate Judge, and for North Carolina Hometown Strong. Sydney also served as a summer clerk at the firm after her second year of law school. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and History with a minor in Education from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Sydney is a native of Thomasville, NC and enjoys North Carolina history, touring historic sites, and she is particularly passionate about special education rights.
Education & Bar Admissions
- J.D., with High Honors, University of North Carolina School of Law, Order of the Coif for the Class of 2021
- B.A., with Highest Distinction, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2018
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina