At Young Moore, we have been partners with the Transportation and Logistics Industry for more than 30 years.
We represent a large number of insured and self-insured trucking, transportation, and logistics companies throughout North Carolina in personal injury, property damage, cargo claims, and regulatory matters. Our legal representation extends to state and federal courts, with a special emphasis on litigation involving tractor-trailers, buses, and various forms of mass transit.
Our Transportation team has substantial trial experience in virtually all facets of transportation litigation: from routine matters to complex, multi-party catastrophic loss and wrongful death claims. We can also assist you in matters involving the numerous federal and state schemes affecting the transportation industry, including claims arising under the Carmack Amendment.
We maintain a standing “go team” of attorneys, engineers, and field adjusters, who are available to respond to a catastrophic loss twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
Our attorneys actively participate in local and nationally recognized transportation organizations. Among these are:
- Transportation Practice Group of ALFA International
- Trucking Industry Defense Association (TIDA) where our attorney, Dana Hoffman, serves as President
- American College of Transportation Attorneys (ACTA) where our attorney, David Duke, serves on the Executive Committee
- North Carolina Trucking Association (NCTA), where our attorney, Michael Rainey, is a member of the Emerging Transportation Leaders program
- American Trucking Association (ATA)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Conference of Freight Counsel
In addition, we offer our Transportation clients the advantages of a full-service business law firm, with supporting counsel available in the areas of business law, regulatory and administrative law, workers’ compensation, employment, employee benefits, and commercial real estate.