Full Time Human Resource Manager
Young Moore is seeking a full-time Human Resource Manager to help our firm grow and navigate our HR space. The focus of this job is making connections with people, and motivating and inspiring them to achieve results. Poise and an engaging, empathetic communication style based on natural warmth and enthusiasm is essential to achieving the goals of this position.
This role reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer and is responsible for managing HR functions for our firm. Your mission will be taking care of our staff so they can take care of our clients. You will oversee the Firm’s systems for recruiting, development and retention of staff, and providing assistance in recruiting, development and retention of attorneys. This position partners with the YMH leadership team and team leaders to ensure each team has the right people in the right place at the right time to accomplish the Firm’s goals, while continuously promoting the Core Values and Culture of the firm.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated interest and skills in Human Resources. Experience with law firms is helpful. In office work is required.
- You will work with the Management and Chief Operating Officer to evaluate present and planned future staff capacity and utilization, recruit for open positions, onboard new employees, become familiar and conversant with our benefit programs and able to describe them satisfactorily to new hires.
- You will improve the firm’s Recruiting System to attract top talent to the firm and ensure staffing needs are met.
- You will assess and improve the firm’s Employment Policies System to set forth the rules and procedures for productive employment at the firm.
- You will ensure the departments that make up the firm are always appropriately staffed in number and caliber, by managing vacation and leave scheduling as well as recruiting and realignment.
- You will assess and improve the Firm’s Culture and Engagement System to retain top performers and promote the Firm’s Core Values, Mission, and Vision.
- You will work with key team members to manage the Firm’s Onboarding System for new employees.
- You will work with other managers to plan firm activities which encourage employee engagement.
- You are a well-organized, quick study and share our growth mindset.
- You possess the knowledge and skill to successfully influence and persuade others by understanding how their individual needs and motivations link to goals.
- You are passionate about helping others.
- You thrive on the success of the team and the Firm.
- You always do the right thing and use complete discretion to maintain confidentiality.
- You are a self-confident, engaging communicator who is committed to promoting the Core Values and Culture of the firm.
- You maintain strong interpersonal relations with subordinates, superiors, and peers to help each achieve their results in furtherance of the Firm’s goals.
Education and Experience
- You have three or more years of experience working in Human and Recruiting.
- You are knowledgeable about employee benefits and North Carolina labor laws.
- You have previous knowledge of legal or professional service organizations.
- You are proficient with different software and virtual technology, such as Zoom, Google Workspace, Microsoft applications, and others.
How to Apply
- Forward your resume and cover letter to Managing Partner, Dawn Dillon at Dawn.Dillon@youngmoorelaw.com.
- Compensation is commensurate with skill and experience.
- We offer a generous benefits package and flexible work environment.
- We offer professional education and career-growth opportunities for those that are motivated to continue growing their professional experience.
Young Moore offers a competitive salary, a great work environment, and exceptional benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability, and long term care. The firm also has a retirement plan.