For more than 25 years, Mickey Spivey’s practice with Young Moore and Henderson has been in insurance law and regulation, and in business and commercial matters.
Through long-time representation of the North Carolina Rate Bureau and the North Carolina Reinsurance Facility, he has extensive experience in all aspects of setting rates and loss costs and promulgating policy forms and rating manuals for automobile, property and workers’ compensation insurance in North Carolina. Mickey also has significant experience with the general representation of both a life and health insurance company and a property casualty insurance company.
Mickey works with business owners, assisting them with the selection and organization of the business entity, arrangements between the owners, purchase and sale of businesses and professional practices, purchase and leasing of real estate, and resolution of problems and disputes.
Mickey has been with Young Moore and Henderson since 1986, and he serves the firm in a number of management roles. He has an AV Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell. Mickey is an avid fan of Tarheel sports.
Education & Bar Admissions
- J.D., University of North Carolina School of Law, 1983
- B.A., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1980
- North Carolina, 1983
- U.S. District Courts for North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Phi Eta Sigma
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Wake County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Volunteer Lawyers Program
- White v. Carver, 175 N.C. App. 136, 622 S.E. 2d 718 (2005)
- State ex rel. Commissioner of Insurance v. North Carolina Rate Bureau, 350 N.C. 539, 516 S.E.2d 150 (1999) (automobile insurance rate-making case)
- Numerous additional insurance rate-making cases involving the same parties.
Disclaimer: The above information may not necessarily reflect the attorney’s entire record, and the outcome of any particular future matter cannot be predicated on the attorney’s or law firm’s past results.