Andrew represents insurers, businesses, and individuals in litigation. His practice includes insurance coverage analysis and litigation, insurance bad faith litigation, professional liability defense, employment litigation, business litigation, premises liability, and product liability.
Andrew’s insurance practice includes advising insurers on third-party and first-party coverage issues, including commercial general liability policies, excess policies, auto policies, uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage, professional liability policies, municipal liability policies, law enforcement liability policies, and commercial and residential property policies. He frequently provides coverage opinions and litigates coverage issues in declaratory judgment actions. He has extensive experience with coverage issues involving construction defect and sexual abuse claims. Andrew also advises policyholders on coverage issues under Directors and Officers (D&O) and Errors and Omissions (E&O) policies. His experience includes drafting insurance policies.
His professional liability practice includes defending engineers, architects, brokers, and other professionals. Andrew’s employment practice includes representing employers and employees in Wage and Hour Act claims and Retaliatory Employment Discrimination Act claims.
Andrew handles cases in Superior Courts throughout North Carolina and in each of the Federal District Courts in North Carolina. He also represents clients in appeals before the North Carolina Court of Appeals, North Carolina Supreme Court and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
Andrew joined Young Moore and Henderson in September 2010 and was named a shareholder in 2016. He attended the International Association of Defense Counsel Trial Academy in 2018. He graduated from the University of North Carolina School of Law, with honors, in May of 2010. During law school, Andrew was a staff writer for the North Carolina Journal of Law and Technology.
Education & Bar Admissions
- J.D., with honors, University of North Carolina School of Law, 2010
- B.S., summa cum laude, North Carolina State University, 2007
- North Carolina, 2010
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of North Carolina
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court of the Middle District of North Carolina
- Listed in North Carolina Super Lawyers® (2018-2020) as a Rising Star, a category for attorneys age 40 and younger
- North Carolina Journal of Law and Technology – Staff Writer Volume 10
- Valedictorian, North Carolina State University (2007)
- Phi Beta Kappa, North Carolina State University
- Wake County Bar Association
- Tenth Judicial District Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- Town of Littleton v. Layne Heavy Civil, Inc., 261 N.C. App. 88, 819 S.E.2d 101 (2018) (claims against engineer over sewer rehabilitation project)
- North Carolina Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company, Inc. v. Phillips, 255 N.C. App. 758, 805 S.E.2d 362 (2017) (insurance coverage for sexual abuse claim)
- Morris v. Scenera Research, LLLC and Ryan C. Fry, 367 N.C. 805, 767 S.E.2d 326 (2014) (N.C. Wage and Hour Act, C. Retaliatory Employment Discrimination Act, and Patent Ownership)
- Robertson v. Steris Corporation, et al., 237 N.C. App. 263, 765 S.E.2d 825 (2014) (jurisdiction to correct judgment while appeal was pending)
- Robertson v. Steris Corporation, et al., 234 N.C. App. 525, 760 S.E.2d 313 (2014) (attorneys’ fee award to plaintiffs’ former attorney)
- Estate of Bridges v. North Carolina Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company, Inc., 225 N.C. App. 530, 737 S.E.2d 191 (2013) (insurance coverage; unfair trade practices)
Disclaimer: The above information may not necessarily reflect the attorney’s entire record, and the outcome of any particular future matter cannot be predicated on the attorney’s or law firm’s past results.