Lori is a shareholder with the firm, and her employment practice is principally focused on workers’ compensation litigation. She represents employers and insurers in the manufacturing, healthcare, transportation, hospitality and retail industries throughout all stages of litigation before the North Carolina Industrial Commission. Lori handles complex workers’ compensation issues and strives to provide efficient and effective resolutions for her clients, whether that means negotiating with the other side or taking the case to a hearing. Her clients tell her she has a certain finesse in handling matters—perhaps it is her southern charm!
Prior to beginning her practice, Lori graduated Phi Beta Kappa from the University of North Carolina (UNC). She also received her law degree from the UNC School Of Law, where she won the Gressman-Pollitt Award for her skills in appellate oral advocacy.
Lori lives in Raleigh with her husband and son. As a double Tar Heel, she enjoys all things Carolina, especially Carolina basketball.
Education & Bar Admissions
- J.D., University of North Carolina
- B.A., with Highest Distinction, University of North Carolina
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- Phi Beta Kappa, University of North Carolina
- Graduate Honor Court Chair
- Gressman-Pollitt Award for Excellence in Oral Advocacy
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Workers’ Compensation Section member
- Professionalism Committee member
- Wake County Bar Association
- 10th Judicial District Bar Member
- Defense Research Institute Member
- Hope Community Church member and volunteer
Publications & Presentations
- “Keeping Workers’ Compensation Claims on the Right Track,” North and South Carolina State Associations of Occupational Health Nurses fall conference, November 2015
- “The Life of a Workers’ Compensation Claim,” North Carolina Bar Association, Fall 2014