A legacy of experience that employers count on
At Young Moore, our lawyers have worked with employers throughout North Carolina since the inception of the Workers’ Compensation Act in 1929. B.T. Henderson, one of our founding partners and a pioneer in the defense of workers’ compensation claims for nearly half a century, was known both for his integrity and for being a zealous advocate for our clients. Mr. Henderson’s legacy continues through the work of our current attorneys, who have over 80 years of combined experience counseling parties on matters related to workers’ compensation. We pride ourselves on offering sound advice on strategies to avoid and manage claims, but when litigation is necessary, we provide vigorous representation in a professional manner.
We have experience with all issues related to workers’ compensation including:
- Claims for on-the-job injuries and deaths
- Occupational disease claims, including claims arising from exposure to asbestos
- Compliance with workers’ compensation and insurance laws, including qualifying to self-insure
- Insurance coverage
- Uninsured and self-insured employers
- Subrogation liens and related litigation
- Employment law issues arising out of work-related injuries
- Claims involving workers from staffing agencies and professional employment organizations
- Claims involving multiple jurisdictions
- Claims by independent contractors, drivers and their employees
Our talented team of experienced attorneys, paralegals and staff is dedicated to achieve the best possible results while offering the highest level of customer service. We understand the N.C. Industrial Commission and remain current with its evolving rules and regulations. Combined with our expertise, reputation and unwavering commitment, we deliver excellent service with proven results. We provide the strong advocacy our clients expect with integrity they deserve.