Dawn, an employment lawyer for more than 20 years, partners with employers to solve problems including workers’ compensation claims and other employment matters such as non-compete agreements, harassment and retaliation claims, ADA, FMLA and FSLA issues, employment agreement drafting and enforcement. She pragmatically assists her clients in resolving problems with government, workforce, or legal and policy changes. Dawn enjoys her work with employers, particularly understanding individual client needs, cultures and business. She understands that some situations require education and negotiation, while others merit a court battle. Dawn co-leads the firm’s employment/workers’ compensation litigation team.
Dawn helps employers solve problems involving:
- Workers’ compensation claims
- Harassment and discrimination claims
- Wage and hour issues
- Handbook, policy and compliance
- Non-compete and trade secrets
- Employment agreements
Dawn regularly speaks at seminars for clients and other lawyers on workers’ compensation and employment law topics.
Education & Bar Admissions
- J.D., Wake Forest University School of Law, 1995
- B.A., magna cum laude, Mary Washington College, 1992
- North Carolina, 1995
- U.S. District Courts for North Carolina