Matt is a litigator at Young Moore. His practice focuses on matters involving insurance coverage and commercial litigation, including complex business disputes, employment, construction, products liability, and premises liability.
Matt graduated with high honors from the University of North Carolina School of Law and was inducted into the school’s Order of the Coif chapter. In law school, Matt led the Broun National Trial Team as President and competed on the Holderness Moot Court Julius L. Chambers Civil Rights Appellate Advocacy Team. Matt also represented disadvantaged and marginalized clients with UNC’s Civil Legal Assistance Clinic and volunteered over 150 hours of pro bono work during law school.
After law school, Matt clerked with the Honorable Cheri Beasley on the Supreme Court of North Carolina. He then served as a fellow in the North Carolina Solicitor General’s Office, where he represented North Carolina in significant civil and criminal appeals pending in the Fourth Circuit and North Carolina appellate courts.
Matt grew up in the Triangle area but considers Chapel Hill to be his second home—like any Double Tarheel would. Matt enjoys hiking, disc golf, and Carolina basketball.
Education & Bar Admissions
- J.D., University of North Carolina School of Law, 2017 (high honors)
- B.A., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2014
- North Carolina
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Co-Chair, Civic Education & Community Engagement Committee, NC Bar Foundation
- Lecturer, Center for Civic Education High School Mock Trial Summer Camp