Young Moore’s experienced team of health care attorneys counsels clients on compliance with state and federal privacy and security regulations affecting the health care industry. Clients regularly rely on our firm’s expertise to assist with matters involving the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), the Health Information Technology for Economic Clinical Health Act (HITECH), 42 C.F.R. Part 2, and the North Carolina Identity Theft Protection Act. Health care attorney David A. Senter, Jr. currently serves as the Interim Associate Compliance Officer and Director of Privacy of an Academic Medical Center in North Carolina.
Members of the firm’s Health Care Privacy and Security Compliance team have experience providing legal services to clients in health care privacy and security compliance matters, including:
- HIPAA Privacy, Security, and Breach Notification policies and procedures
- Workforce and management training via in-person and remote sessions
- Privacy and Security risk assessments and audits
- Incident response and mitigation
- Breach assessment, reporting, and notification
- Investigations by the Office of Civil Rights (OCR) and states attorneys general
- Patient complaints, patient right of access, appropriate use and disclosure of PHI, and document retention and destruction
- Business associate agreements and data use agreements
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Health information management, medical records, release of protected health information (PHI), and HIPAA-compliant authorizations and forms
Young Moore’s clients include academic medical centers (AMCs), health systems, community hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers (ASCs), assisted living facilities (ALFs), skilled nursing facilities (SNFs), dentists and dental practices, durable medical equipment (DME) suppliers, home health agencies, hospices, information technology companies, insurance companies, pharmacies, physicians and physician practices, rehabilitation services, and specialty hospitals.
Young Moore’s attorneys regularly publish and speak on health care privacy and security matters. Young Moore also regularly hosts health care educational seminars as a service to the medical community. Click here to sign up to receive information regarding these events.