Jefferson is a member of Young Moore’s employment and workers’ compensation teams representing employers and insurers throughout all stages of litigation. This representation includes OSHA and EEOC matters, as well as litigation at the North Carolina Industrial Commission, Court of Appeals, and Supreme Court. He also advises employers on employee handbook provisions and compliance with FMLA, FLSA, and wage and hour laws. He assists with employment agreements, separation agreements, and employee welfare benefit plans. He regularly provides guidance relating to the Families First Coronavirus Response Act and the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act to both regional and national clients.
Outside of the office, Jefferson serves on the NC Bar Association Middle School Mock Trial committee.
Jefferson joined Young Moore and Henderson as an associate in September 2016 after graduating from Wake Forest University School of Law. Jefferson graduated cum laude from Clemson University with a degree in Political Science, where he played Club Football for two seasons.
Jefferson lives in Raleigh with his wife, Waverly, and their hounds, Doug and Poppy. Jefferson is an avid fan of (most) all sports, primarily anything to do with Clemson. In his spare time, he enjoys sporting clay, motorcycle rides, and good BBQ.
Education & Bar Admissions
- J.D., Wake Forest University School of Law, 2016
- B.A., cum laude, Clemson University, 2012
- Included in the inaugural edition (2021) of the Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for his work in Workers’ Compensation (Employers)
Publications & Presentations
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act Webinar, Presented to NCMGMA members, March 27, 2020
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act, YMH Blog, March 22, 2020
- Employers and Coronavirus (COVID-19), YMH Blog, March 12, 2020
- Fallin’ Around the Christmas Tree: Are Injuries At Holiday Parties Covered Under Workers’ Compensation? YMH Blog, November 25, 2019
- Religious Accommodation in Hiring, YMH Blog, January 2, 2018
- Explaining the Unexplained Fall Doctrine, YMH Blog, February 8, 2017
- Want a 10% Reduction in Workers’ Compensation Payout? Better File Those Safety Rules…, YMH Blog
January 31, 2017