Jefferson practices with the firm’s employment and worker’s compensation teams representing employers and insurers throughout all stages of litigation. This representation includes mediations, litigation at the North Carolina Industrial Commission, and briefs before the North Carolina Court of Appeals. He also advises employers on internal matters like employee handbooks as well as OSHA and NLRB regulations and guidance.
Outside of the office, Jefferson serves on the NC Bar Association Middle School Mock Trial committee.
Jefferson joined Young Moore and Henderson as an associate in September 2016 after graduating from Wake Forest University School of Law. Jefferson graduated cum laude from Clemson University with a degree in Political Science, where he played Club Football for two seasons.
Jefferson is an avid fan of all things Clemson. He also enjoys kayaking, sporting clay, and spending time with his Treeing Walker Coonhound, Doug.
Education & Bar Admissions
- J.D., Wake Forest University School of Law, 2016
- B.A., cum laude, Clemson University, 2012
Publications & Presentations
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act Webinar, Presented to NCMGMA members, March 27, 2020
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act, YMH Blog, March 22, 2020
- Employers and Coronavirus (COVID-19), YMH Blog, March 12, 2020
- Fallin’ Around the Christmas Tree: Are Injuries At Holiday Parties Covered Under Workers’ Compensation? YMH Blog, November 25, 2019
- Religious Accommodation in Hiring, YMH Blog, January 2, 2018
- Explaining the Unexplained Fall Doctrine, YMH Blog, February 8, 2017
- Want a 10% Reduction in Workers’ Compensation Payout? Better File Those Safety Rules…, YMH Blog
January 31, 2017